Thursday, May 21, 2015

What's in Bloom?

First of my columbines

Basket of Gold Alyssum

Prairie Smoke 



A geum cultivar

Waterperry blue veronica, various sedums, and lysimachia aurea

Last of my tulips

Lysimachia aurea and a couple different colors of blue muscari;
I thought I would like this a lot more than I do,
but the muscari just make the lysimachia appear as if I hadn't weeded.

Beauty of Moscow lilac, very nice showing this year

Korean barberry, very floriferous this year, I probably should be worried

Lily of the valley is pretty and very fragrant where I have it massed (or where it has massed itself). It used to be every farm house in the area had some of this growing around it in some shady corner.  I don.t see it much anywhere these days.

1 comment:

  1. You are a week or so ahead of us up here! Beautiful flowers and the foliage you show in your latest post. Spring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete